For many people, carpet cleaning is a part of annual household maintenance, yard care, and appliance maintenance. This is because regular carpet cleaning will help to ensure that carpets last.
Cleaning carpets regularly is important because laying new carpets is expensive, and it needs to be done in the right way by certified carpet layers. Regular carpet cleaning in Greensboro helps protect the initial investment into new carpets by keeping them free from dirt, mites, bacteria, and other substances.
Being on the ground and always underfoot, carpets take a beating over time. Any substances that can harm the fibers not only sit there, but they are worked into the fibers with foot traffic, and these substances can break the fibers down even faster.
There are many different methods to clean a carpet properly, and it is important to pick the one that is right for the type of carpet. Moreover, sometimes repair is needed. There are also different requirements and rules for commercial versus residential carpets.
Here are the recommendations for getting the most life out of carpets while eliminating pollutants and keeping a space looking good.
Types of Carpet Cleaning
- Steam Cleaning: Steam cleaning utilizes hot steam to lift buildup that has accumulated on the surface or within the fibers of the carpet. Unlike other methods, steam cleaning does not involve injecting cleaners into the carpets that could leave residue. Instead, the process relies mainly on the steam itself, the heat, and moisture to lift trapped particles. Steam cleaning will kill bacteria and remove odors and is often the best path for stubborn issues.
- Dry Carpet Cleaning: Dry cleaning is just as it sounds – low moisture. Dry cleaning goes a step beyond regular vacuuming to provide a deep cleansing that is especially effective as a pre-treatment prior to a method that uses moisture or cleaners. Dry cleaning is usually only appropriate for residential spaces and can be completed in a comparatively short amount of time.
- Green and Eco Options: There are often also green and environmental options. Carpet cleaning can involve the use of chemicals. While these can be especially effective at maintaining carpet health and getting out tough stains, they can be difficult for those who are sensitive to cleaning solutions. Reputable carpet cleaners should be prepared to offer non-toxic, natural carpet cleaning alternatives to provide carpets with the best care without the added irritants.
- Carpet Shampoo: Carpet shampooing has been one approach throughout the years, but the best modern carpet cleaners know that other options like steam and dry cleaning are superior. Carpet shampooing utilizes cleaners and detergents and injects too much moisture into the fibers. This means that carpets will take longer to dry off, and they also have the possibility of releasing the cleanser gasses over the subsequent weeks, which can be an irritant for some.
- Carpet Protection: One of the best ways to supplement regular carpet cleaning is carpet protection. Carpets that are unprotected will absorb more dirt and stains, making them harder to clean and shortening their lifespan. By guarding carpets with a protective solution, stains will be easier to remove without expert help, and carpet owners will see better results.
What to Expect with Repair
Carpet repair in Greensboro is an important tool in extending the life of quality carpets. There are situations where regular cleaning is sufficient. However, sometimes repair is necessary, especially in high-traffic commercial areas.
Carpet repair in Greensboro can fix damaged areas with advanced techniques. Sometimes this involves carefully cutting and removing the damaged area to replace it seamlessly with new carpeting.
Professionals also have other techniques which can involve carefully shaving or trimming a damaged area and reweaving the fibers.
Why Regular Carpet Cleaning for Commercial Spaces
Commercial carpet cleaning in Greensboro is especially important to ensure the lifespan of carpets, keep the space odor-free, and ensure fewer allergens and pollutants are floating around. Here is a deeper look into the top four reasons professional carpet cleaning is a must.
Remove Allergens and Bacteria
Dirt, pollen, mold, exhaust, pet debris, and more get trapped in carpets – even if they are indoors in a pet-free environment. In commercial spaces, visitors and guests are almost always wearing their shoes which can track in all kinds of materials from the outdoors.
Carpets become like petri dishes, and to make matters worse, the loose fibers of many carpets make them perfect vessels for trapping and retaining debris. Vacuuming makes for a good daily stop-gap for removing loose debris, but regular cleaning is essential.
First Impressions Matter
Most people have had the experience of walking into a building with carpets only to be hit with a wall of odor or to see unsightly stains. Tattered, broken carpets also make it seem as though the business does not have an eye for detail, even in their own space. This is an immediate turn-off to anyone.
Commercial carpet cleaners can address all of these issues to make sure the business is able to put its best foot forward.
Enhance Air Quality
Cleaning carpets regularly will also make sure that all of that debris trapped in carpet fibers isn’t circulating as much. Circulating pollutants and allergens will diminish the health and vitality of staff and customers.
Protect Your Investment
There is a reason that many carpets come with a manufacturer’s warranty stipulating regular commercial carpet cleaning in Greensboro. That is because it works to sustain all carpets for much longer than going without.
There are many different options for commercial carpet cleaning in Greensboro, and it is important to pick the one that fulfills the needs of the commercial property in question. Anyone looking to improve the look and smell of their carpets and extending their carpets’ longevity would be best served by regular cleaning.